Sunday, June 13, 2010

He Can Talk the Talk

Why does this keep happening to me?  He can talk the talk, but doesn't walk the walk, so to speak.  The guys I am talking to these days have all the right things to say.  Which is great!  They are wonderful amazing things that give me that butterfly in my stomach.  But where is the follow through?  Where are the moves?  Where are you?  And what is the point?  I mean sure, it puts a smile on my face and makes me feel good, but...make the plans!  And don't flake!  And side note, I don't care who you are, best friend, coworker, boyfriend, girlfriend, flaking is the worst and is just plain rude.  Once in a while, I understand but lets not make a hobby out of it.
Status update!  I am still wearing the crown on this blog for awkward date moments.  First date, wasn't sure it was a date, but it was, which is fine.  After I saved our movie 'date' with my iPhone, I was dropping Iowa home.  That's right, he didn't have a car.  I know, I pick the winners.  Here comes the award for Most Awkward Goodbye.  He leans in, I of course assume for a hug.  The kiss lands on my cheek, but slightly underneath my eye, kind of on the side of my nose.  I felt so bad I didnt see it coming.  The after date text read:  I blame it on the glasses.  I'd like to thank my glasses, for making that line possible, without which I would not be receiving this award.  Thanks Iowa, one for the story book!

No comments: