Thursday, September 3, 2009

That last of its species

So... this is how it feels to be caught between a rock and a hard place. And guess what, because I'm such a fan of metaphors, i'll expand on this.

The rock, without a doubt, is Superhero Gangster. He is solid (as a rock) and if I could build the perfect guy for me in my head, he would come very close to that. I absolutely think he and I could go the distance. There's one problem though, he doesn't want a girlfriend. So... that's kind of a big deal actually. And, I can't seduce him with my awesome make-out skills because he's such a damn gentleman that he won't do anything physical with me because he doesn't want to date anyone right now. Hmmm... so true gentleman still exist. I thought they were extinct. Maybe he's the last of his species.

So, as I'm sure you're all asking, who is the hard place. Oh, it's none other than Nomad. That kid has been back for a month and he's already so into me that it's ALMOST surprising. He's so hungry for a relationship it's fairly terrifying. And I can't, in all good consciousness, be his girlfriend. There are many reasons, and a t the top of them is the aforementioned rock. I'm not used to having one foot in the pool and one out. When I do something I do it whole-heartedly. I'm not in this with Nomad with my whole heart, and I have told him that I have massive doubts about us. That's why I have squashed him calling me his girlfriend. It ain't going that way unless I say it does. He is no longer in charge of my happiness.

This should be a shit-fest in no time, so stay tuned.

No comments: