Sunday, May 23, 2010

And we're back!

I apologize for my absence. As this is a dating blog, I haven't had much to discuss. I've been dating Superhero Gangster since January, and it's been fantastic. No drama, no hassles, nothing. He makes me laugh and smile constantly, and I have been content.

Not to say that there's nothing going on in the single world. I've been attempting to play matchmaker for several people. It's been a bit rocky. I'm not God damn Patty Stanger after all. Maybe if I keep hanging out with all the Jewish teachers I work with I'll pick up some more skills. I did have one success with Nomad. You know who you are little teacher. I will be dancing at that wedding.

One of my friends from long ago and far away emailed me the other day. She will be called... uh... o damn it I've lost my touch for nick names... let's go with Canada. Ya that's not bad, Canada it is. So Canada asked me a question I wasn't prepared for. Something along the lines of "You're always in a relationship or dating or something... why?" or "What's your secret?" I literally have no idea. I'm serial dater. I'm more comfortable when I'm in a relationship than when I'm not, and when I get out of a relationship I like to date because it helps me to get over the relationship, and that invariably leads to another relationship. And the cycle continues. I didn't want to give advice, so I just told her to allow herself to meet to people, open herself up to possibilities, and realize that when you write off people too quickly, you can miss out on a great relationship, even if it ends in friendship and not looooove.

Date on my friends!

No comments: