Monday, November 17, 2008

Just call me Carrie Bradshaw, for this week at least

We all subscribe to certain theories in our lives, like "All you need is love", or "It gets worse before it gets better". I would have to say that I fully believe that "When it rains it pours", and this week ladies, it's raining men, hallelujah it's raining men, amen! After several months of little to no excitement, coinciding with my grad school schedule, I finally have some action rolling in. Between yesterday and Tuesday I'll have 3 dates in a row that have not been called dates, but we all know when it is and when it isn't. That's absurd, especially given my schedule, but I'm okay with that. It's time to have some fun, maybe make out a little; who knows.

Date 1; Sunday [My beloved best friend and I tend to nick-name our men, not on purpose but it just happens. So we will call this young man IQ.] Years ago, a delightful young man asked the aforementioned best friend if I would go on a date with him. I had a boyfriend at the time, but IQ remained somewhere in the back of my mind because a few weeks ago we began talking again. He's actually smart, so that's always refreshing, and he's been pre-approved by many close confidants of mine. Last night we had dinner and a tour of his school down south, and I may have, for the first time in a long time, developed butterflies in my stomach. I quickly sent him a post-date text, which I tend to do. I'm crushin' a little bit on this one, and from the texts I learned that the feeling is mutual. I'll see him next week over break, and I'm going in for the kiss. Get 'er done.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

more to come? Can't wait to hear the news on the other 2!