Friday, January 9, 2009

Easy Come, Easy Go

If you can get through the dating without becoming too emotionally invested, you won't care that it ends, period. Unfortunately, that almost never happens, because, as women, we tend to actually care. I recently lucked out. After casually dating a man for over a month when I realized something shocking; he was boring. Just really, very boring. It needed to end; I needed to get out of it before Christmas gifts were exchanged and guilt festered. So, with my best friend in the car, I had to end up ending things with him on the phone, which you never want to do because we bitch when it gets done to us. But, it had to go down. He was getting pissy and I was getting irritated. Rather than simply telling him that he was painfully dull at times, I lied... just a little lie though. I told him what we all say a times, "I can't give you what you need right now." It was true, in a way. He wanted me to be his girlfriend, and not date anyone else. I don't want that. Done. Simple as that. Isn't it an amazing feeling when you end it, on your terms, and it just works out? I think so. Single for another day.

No comments: