Friday, January 9, 2009

Greek anyone?

So my latest date was with a greek gentlemen i met while out with my good luck charm. I swear, whenever I go out with this particular friend, I always meet a guy.

Moving on... so he was cute. Not typically what I go for good looking enough. We talked for an hour or so until the bar closed. Instead of giving in to his suggestion to come home with me I thought I'd see if he actually wanted to take this any further. Apparently he did because we had a date set for the following week! My only problem was that he was greek and had some very odd name that i forgot the instant that he told me. Somehow I was lucky when he had sent me a photo to show me a new iphone feature and his full name came up. Otherwise I would have been stuck playing the..."how do you spell your name?" game.

Now heres my problem. I know I write people off very quickly so men seriously need to keep me interested. Here's one thing that wont keep me... not taking any control. Listen guys: Im sure there are plenty of women out there that like to wear the pants and make all the decision but i'm not one of them. I want you to tell me where were going, what were doing, and when you will be picking me up. Mr Greek did none of this.

Trying to "give him a chance" as my best gal and oddly enough my mother insisted on, i suggested dinner and a movie. Long story short, he was late, i bought the tickets, but he bought dinner. I found out he'd never been in a serious relationship--at 23 that says something... im not writing him off--but it says something. He also seemed to have no direction, and kinda seemed like an alcoholic. I really wasnt that into it but he was a nice enough guy. I thought if he wanted to go out again i'd give him another chance. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about that after he gave me a half hug and didnt try for the kiss.

Another one bites the dust....

No comments: