Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Humility is a Tricky Business

"Ugh" sums it up. Ferrell, if you're reading this, for the love of God I beg you stop. I'm gonna vomit. Maybe I should not have let the blog slide out of my mouth during a double sate with Ubetcha, Ferrell, and his friend, but it was a relevant addition to whatever conversation we were having. Nevertheless, I'm still feeling the panic.

But enough of that! I had an interesting conversation with a good friend of mine the other day. We were discussing our current dating situations, and my new expectations. And then he said something rather brilliant, and I will paraphrase it using the words from the Tough Love guy on VH1 - "It's okay to make exceptions for exceptional men". I mulled this over, and I agree, to an extent. I will compromise my comfort level when I really like someone, but my convictions are a different story, because in my opinion no one is special enough to make me drink or question the other values I hold especially high. And I wonder what the other singles out there would have to say about this...

No comments: