Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another Shot

I'm starting to see why there are so many bitches in in LA. Guys can be awful - really terrible. I know what you're thinking men, if any of you even read this blog - just another girl being bitter and dramatic because some guy slighted her. Not so! I am equally offended by the actions of women at times as well. I've said it for years and it still holds true: "Women can be bitches, but men can be assholes." So, with that said, let me have my rant please. Hold your comments till the end.

My best friend, Ubetcha, was stood up today, on a first date. Ridiculous. Unless something bad happened, he's an ass. To all you men (the 3 of you who read this), don't give women a reason to hate you. We talk, a lot, and your reputation will be drop kicked so fast no one will want to date you. Just sayin'...

Also, I feel like with guys, I always have to be the bigger person. I have to be the one to keep my mouth shut and accept the apologies when they come too late. I have to make stupid decisions about whether or not to give a guy a second chance. Can't you just not eff it up in the first place? Is it really that hard?

Here's today's example: Look who's back kids! Benny and the Jets! Oh ya - a blast from the past. After his incredibly odd way of ending things between us, there was over a month of no communication. As far as I was concerned it was over and he had turned his own issues into something I had done - I may have felt beaten up about that 2 years ago, but not anymore. I have far more confidence in my abilities when it comes to relationships now. We ended up talking when our Wheel of Fortune episode was about to air earlier this month. We were on camera for literally less than a second, but I'm still a superstar. Soon after, he apologized. He acknowledged the fact that his decision to end things was entirely on him, that I had been nothing but nice and straight forward and did not deserve the shitty way in which he chose to end things, and he disclosed some of the real reasons he backed off. Fine. Acceptable. Moving on.

Now I get to the point. Tonight was girl's night. I called Benny and the Jets to see if he could pull some strings to get us into the club he works at. We went after enjoying the roof at Kress and it was genuinely nice to see him. I had missed his smile and sweet demeanor. After I arrived back at home, I called to thank him and tell him that we had a lovely time. Everything was fine until he abruptly said "I need to talk to you tomorrow." "Why? Are you okay?" "I've just had it with you right now." Uhh... what? Really? What the hell is going on?

I sent him a text basically asking him the aforementioned questions. His response:
BATJ: "...hard for me to express myself sometimes and I say stupid things..."
ME: So what did you want to say?
BATJ: "I want another shot."

Just a footnote here, that is not the way to go about wooing a girl back for a second try. Come on men! Give me a break! I honestly have no idea anymore.

No comments: