Monday, May 4, 2009

He’s actually kind of a douche bag….

I’ve had a guy named Minor League in the past, but this guy really meets the same criteria. Let’s dub him…. Minor League II. I don’t think I could know him by any other name. Let’s break this down: met him at a local bar/club about a month ago. He’s a nice guy; good-looking, funny, athletic… he fits the basic outline of a guy I’d date. But, and there’s always a but, he’s kind of oddly aggressive and, ya, kind of a douche. The aggression freaks me out – I’m a buck 15, this guy can take me, so the more aggressive he acts around me the weirder it gets. I don’t want to become a Lifetime movie here. As for being a douche, here’s an example:

MLII: Hey so what are you doing tonight? Do you maybe want to go out with me and some of my friends?
PP: Ya maybe. I’m in the middle of finals but I may want to take a break.
MLII: Cool, well do you think you could maybe pick us up later?
PP: Uh… what?
MLII: Well we’re already drinking so…
PP: What would you do if I can’t come?
MLII: Take a taxi cab I guess.

Really? I mean come on! I’m not your Dial-A-Ride! That’s strike 2, so he’s almost out.

Ferrell has been my main guy for four months now. I do really want to just be exclusive with him, but I’m going to fight that feeling and not push it with him. He’s not a vocal person when it comes to us, which I’ve mentioned before, and I need to feel it and not hear it. That’s my new mantra, and I’ll repeat it and repeat it and repeat it to myself. O the fun of lying to ourselves.

No comments: