Friday, December 18, 2009

Chivalry is Dead?


I had the conversation with several people yesterday. Does your guy open the car door for you? In my history, it all depends on the guy. I think every guy I have gone out with has been on it with opening the door when we are walking into a building. But lets talk about the car door.

I don't think it needs to be done every time. And I certainly wouldn't say its expected. However, its my feeling that if its on the way, why not? I mean, if you are both walking up the car, passenger side because lets say you parked at a meter, so therefore he is passing your door on the way to get into the drive side, why wouldn't you? I don't get it. Its kind of like flowers. Women love receiving flowers, especially at work where they can be the center of attention. These are simple, no brainer things guys can do that will totally make a woman day.

But getting back to opening car doors. I'm just saying, if its on the way, do it.

No comments: