Sunday, December 13, 2009

Out of Africa

So I just have to say this first - if you have never seen the movie "Out of Africa", then you need to go to wherever movies are rented or sold, and buy... or rent it. And bring a box of tissues, because MY GOD LEMON! It is a tearfest.

Now that this has been said, I can get to the point. Nomad is roaming the globe again. Believe me, I was very close to titling this entry "Where in the world is Nomad?" as an homage to the amazing show of my childhood, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? But I digress... Nomad went to Africa for two weeks, and after taking him to the airport only 5 days ago, I really do miss him. Now I could just jump in and say it's because I love him and can't live without him and la la la la la, but there are other, more realistic factors to consider. #1 - He's in the god damn bush after all, not in NYC. This means no phone calls and very infrequent emails, making the distance seem longer and longer. #2 - I'm used to talking to Nomad at least 5 time a day, for very short periods of time yes but it's still nice. And now, that phone is not ringing half as much as it nomally does, and again just more feelings of being alone. And so I don't seem heartless, let's not forget #3 - I do like him a lot.

So God speed lil Nomad! Don't drink the water, take your malaria pills, and don't forget to get me my Christmas present in Dubai!

No comments: