Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The worst thing that could ever happen happened...

…I went on a semi-blind date and I like him.

Introducing the new, the slightly awkward, Superhero Gangster. Now I must make a bit of a confession- I did not make up that nickname. This is the first time I haven’t been responsible for an original nickname, but it’s a ridiculous one so I’m okay with it. Thanks for the gem JMu.

So the story behind our meeting is a bit of a complicated one, so I will not bore all of my loyal readers, all two of you. In summary, it was a half set-up, half blind date, half disaster… or some such thing. He was great, but the circumstances were a bit odd. Nevertheless, he is the holy grail of dating – he’s tall, handsome, British, sweet, funny, smart, and we have a lot in common.

So what’s the problem? O nothing; just the guy in another continent who has ridiculously high expectations for us when he returns home… here…in a month. Siiiiigh…. Ya that guy who has been emailing me almost daily, and I’ve been doing just the same to him, and getting giddy when I get a call from a 14-digit phone number in the middle of Africa. O man…. Well all I can say is I have to let it ride. I was nervous about how to handle Ferrell and Nomad crashing into one another, and look! It worked out, it was a depressing way to have it work out but nevertheless.

And let me just say this – I feel like if you never put yourself out there, you won’t get hurt but you will never know the excitement of like and love and fireworks. I’d rather get burned by the fireworks than never know what that feeling is like.

Oh and date #2 with Superhero Gangster is tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments: