Tuesday, April 7, 2009

And another one falls, and another one falls...

... Another one bites the dust.

Benny and the Jets just couldn't hang. Apparently me dating other people took the fizz out of his cola, and rather than just saying this, he tried to turn it on me. What a delight! He said he wasn't ready for a commitment... huh, that's funny. I thought I was the one who was dating around, I was the one who was being casual, and I was certainly not the one telling my family about him, or showing them photos (o ya, within a week I was a topic of conversation with his family back east). After I brought this up, he faltered, and realized that it was all on him.

That's the second semi-relationship that has ended because the guy is freaking himself out. I could be angry but instead, I'm empowered. Why? Because I'm not to blame, in any way. I didn't do anything wrong - I was honest with him, I stuck to my guns, and I was a nice girl.

It seems like at every break up there is a moment of reflection, however short. For me, it's usually a mixture of what I did wrong, and why (insert ex's name here) is an asshole. But right now, I can look at this situation, and confidently tell myself that I'm innocent and can't be convicted of any dating crimes. In other words, I rock.

No comments: