Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Beginning of the end?

I have to agree with Painting Pimp that there seems to be some barrier between the communication of men and women. More specifically on the male side. I think of myself as an honest person, who will tell it like it is and not string someone along. I'm not going to tell you I "need a break" or "now just isn't the right time." Because quite frankly. That is just going to give you hope that something is possible in the future. And who needs to waste their time waiting around.
I was quite surprised that when 5-0 sent me the dreaded "we rushed into this, I'm not sure if I'm ready, i need a break to think" speech he sent via text message. Really? Listen, I know, I get it. I don't like confrontation either. But this really should have at least been a phone conversation. Honestly, I'm guessing he didn't want to be confronted about some 'other issue' I stupidly made a point to bring up. I KNOW! IM AN IDIOT! I WAS PMS-ING AND COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.
Quite frankly, I have to agree with you 5-0. This whole thing with us went from 0-100 fast. And I have been thinking it the whole time. But guess what. That's not normally how I operate. And a girl cant help herself. If the guy i'm dating is playing the bf card and setting the pace... i will fall in line, unless of course I wasn't into it. So please. Don't make me feel like i'm the one rushing things.. when you have been in control this entire time.
No, I don't want this to be the end of 5-0. Like I have said, he is an amazing person and very kind, and one of the few people I have had true feelings for in some time. But I can't help to think that this "break" was only a gentle way of putting the inevitable... break up. Is that even what you call it when you have been dating for 3 weeks?
Its sad. And if this truly is the end of our "relationship" then its time for me to take a break from dating. Seriously. It is exhausting. I have had to deal with shit like this since January and I need a break!!

Men and Women, this is truth:
Dating is great for the first week or 2. After that it, it sucks until you put a name on it.

No comments: