Monday, February 16, 2009

It’s better to have loved and lost….

Psychologically, our minds want to relive things, make similar choices and decisions whether they have had a positive outcome in the past or not. Why? Because our brains are more comfortable repeating patterns than starting something new. We’re more likely to start a new relationship if we’ve had a failed one rather than never having one at all. This is where serial daters, long-term dating loops, and other related terms begin to make sense.

Me? I’m a relationship girl. I’ve been doing it since I was 14, and it seems to be what my brain, my heart, and my body feel comfortable doing. Even though I finally felt strong and rather kick ass over a month ago for having felt good about being single, my heart skips a beat when I imagine the alternatives and the possibilities. So, perhaps it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, because at least you will be more likely to love again.

No comments: