Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let's Just Be Friends


A few months ago, I started thinking about a few of my guy friends and the men I surround myself with. It's a pretty good mix, but something was glaring at me; there has been a lot of sexual chemistry between a lot of them (and me, not each other... just to clarify). One of my ex-boyfriends is one of my best friends, hands down. Although we have both moved on to date other people, there are moments when it becomes horribly obvious that he hasn't healed and I have my own attachment problems. Another good friend fits this description too, but the friendships keep truckin' because I'd rather have them in my life awkwardly then not at all.

But other than ex-flames, this single girl has now become to question whether or not platonic friendships are even possible. Some odd confessions have been made to me; drunk or sober, they're confessions nonetheless. I have at least one best friend who I know I'll never have to deal with this with, God willing. It doesn't just jeopardize the friendship, it freaks us out and makes us wonder what signs we have been missing.

And just a thought, when people pick out lobsters at a seafood restaurant, aren't they kind of playing God?