Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another one Bites the Dust

Really? No... I mean it... really? This is insane. Within two days, my three men were narrowed down to one. So let's update my loyal readers, because if nothing else it's entertainment for you (by the way it's still my life).

Ferrell has been counted out. I spoke with him briefly last week and he has been traveling on the other coast, but in my opinion, if you can't pick up a phone to say hi, then you really must be holding fast to that whole "I don't want a committed relationship" bit. And that's fine, but I'm going to begin to mentally move on. I would be dumb if I didn't, and a poor excuse for a future psychologist. But come on... really? When you're 31 and you've been dating someone for over two months, it seems like you should be able to actually end something rather than drifting off into oblivion....

Next! Nomad has freaked himself out again. There is a back story here that is far too long to go into, and I haven't discussed Nomad very much because he's the one person who would be upset if he learned about this blog. So in his interest I have written about him sparingly. But screw it, I need to vent Internet style. Nomad is emotionally unavailable - his words not mine. He's been this way since long before I met him, long before I dated him a year ago, and long before he came back into the country and wanted to start things up again. I am so emotionally available that it's taken me years to learn how to hold back and contain myself.

Was this a dating disaster waiting to happen? Meh... maybe, but I thought he would be able to hold off on freaking himself out for another week before he left for four months. I thought wrong. We set up an actual date, something we haven't done since we reconnected and rekindled. All seemed good, and then a text trying to end it, informing me that he can't handle it right now, he's got too much to think about, he's leaving..... give me a break. Texts? Really? I didn't know we were in middle school. I don't care how great you say I am or how much you care - grow a pair and pick up the phone... or maybe even an in-person goodbye? What a thought.

Bon voyage!

No comments: