Monday, March 23, 2009

Just when I count them out...

...they pull me back in. Ferrell surfaced again after his time away from California. I have to say I'm pleased that he called me from LAX when he landed; I like him and I was bummed that I had to start mentally getting over him. I didn't want to count him out, because ultimately I really enjoy spending time with him.



And I got another pick-me-up. About a month ago, I met one of his friends briefly at his place. We chatted for a bit and joked a little, and I didn't think anything of it until Ferrell told me a delightful tidbit. Apparently, his friend called him the next day, and the sole purpose for the call was to tell Ferrell that "yes he thought you were beautiful, but he said that he thought you were just really cool and smart, just an awesome girl." It's always nice to get a pat on the back from the friends, even when it comes three weeks after the fact. I met another friend again tonight, and he told Ferrell "Convert her and marry her!" Nice...



And maybe just one more piece of smile-inducing news. Ferrell suggested that we take a mini trip somewhere, like an overnight to the beach and stay in a hotel. There is only one downside - I have to keep in mind the fact that he doesn't want a serious relationship. I have to be aware of my perspective on all of this, even though my hopes are already sky-high. "Don't get your hopes up" is a joke of statement. My best friend and I have had that discussion on numerous occasions; the minute someone warns you not to get your hopes up, they're already nearly out of reach.

No comments: