Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pat, I'd Like To Buy A Vowel...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never had a horrible first date. It's what you make of it, and the weirder the better in my opinion. If you can entertain me for a few hours with whatever, then I'm fairly pleased. And last week, I had a doozy of a first date, and it can be summed up in three, loud, audience-screaming words: Wheel of Fortune!!!! O ya, I got a pat on the back by Pat Sayjak and I'm becoming increasingly jealous of Vanna White. It's like she gets to be Miss America every day of her life!

So who's the new guy, and what's his nickname? Let's spin the wheel to find out...

Pat Sayjak: The clue to the puzzle is "Famous Elton John Song".
Me: I'll spin the wheel Pat! Come on! Big money!!!
Pat: Alright you've got $500!
Me: I'd like a B!
Pat: Yes there's one B!........ (just play along and pretend that 5 TV minutes have gone by)
Me: I'd like to solve the puzzle.... Benny and the Jets?
Pat: That's correct!

He's a friend of an ex-friend, actually the friend of an ex-boyfriend. The situation could be sticky, but due to the fact that I now hate that ex and Benny and the Jets isn't close to him, there shouldn't be much of an issue. In any case, Benny and the Jets has only been in California for six weeks. He's an implant from Detroit/South Carolina. I'm his first date, and I have no clue how he'll top this one. He was funny and made me laugh, and I think that's the most important aspect of any date. The whole morning/afternoon was easy-going and hilarious, and he left me with a hug; quite the gentleman and obviously not from California. I was thrilled.

As I've said before, I don't particularly enjoy juggling men and dates, but, unfortunately, Ferrell doesn't want a girlfriend or a serious relationship right now, and although I'm doing quite well without a significant other myself, I would like to think that dating could lead to something more. Benny and the Jets could be something to hold on to. I suppose we will see.Who knows, maybe we'll go on The Price is Right next time and I'll win a lifetime supply of Cup of Noodles.

No comments: